Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ah, the smell of Spring!

Ah, Spring. Sunshine. Blue skies. Buds on trees. Tulips. Birds chirping. Spontaneous street markets. Although we've had pretty warm weather for a little while here it's definitely starting to feel more like Spring. Everyone seems to be getting over their winter illnesses and people overall seem happy now that the sun is shining. No complaints here, that's for sure. Things have been extra busy lately at school. For the past two weeks I've been co-teaching with the teacher I'm taking over for until the end of the year while she goes on maternity leave. It's been great to be able to spend the time getting to know the students so well before I "officially" take over. We also just had student led conferences on Thursday and Friday which was a nice way to get to know all of the parents I hadn't met yet. Plus, since the students were the ones discussing their learning with their parents (after lots of reflections and practice) I got lots of planning done and new math/literacy games made. Here's to hoping the kids like them! 

Not much else is new here really. I'm looking forward to the new challenges ahead of me and taking time to appreciate all of the little things that I get to do here. Here are a few old photos I stumbled upon and meant to post as well as a few new ones too! 
beginning our shelf we made.
writing Valentine's Day cards to a friend in class.
he's 4 and wrote that himself, so cute.
buddies.
working on fine motor skills.
sanding the wood for our shelf.
painting the trunk of our tree.
with my 1st graders & Norah.
running into the forest.
measuring our heartbeat for 10 seconds after exercising.
happy boys.
Hello.
happy to be at the secret playground.
all smiles, toothless or not.
let's go on an adventure!
Boo!
an inquisitive little guy in rainboots.
content.
signs of Spring on campus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Awesome pics once again, Tup Sup!
1st grade got an upgrade in teacher :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.