Thursday, April 7, 2011

Paris on a Sunny Saturday.

La Defense - a modern arch
Notre Dame.
Cool street artists.
Dermot and I in front of the Sacre Coeur.
Sacre Coeur.
Opera House.
Hello!
happy and zen.
Louvre.
Can't remember the name of this arch, it's right outside the Louvre though.
Spring!
toy boats.
A park.
Seine.
Hello orange flower.
Arch de Triomphe!
Eiffel Tower.
friends.

giant bubble.
from below.
setting sun.

Andrea and I
So I'm sure you guessed it already but I finally made it to Paris! Even though it's only a short hour and 22 minute train ride away this was my first time in Paris. What a perfect day to go too! My roommate Andrea and I woke up really early and made it to the train station (breakfast in hand) about ten minutes before catching our 7:30 AM train. Our stomachs full and quick naps on the train later we were in Paris! Since we were just there for the day we did somewhat of a whirlwind tour. Andrea has spent a lot of time in France so after meeting up with our friend Dermot at about 11 AM she took us around to all of the major sites. I must admit that I was surprised by how beautiful the city was. It was unlike anything that I had ever imagined but I loved every minute of it. I think I said multiple times throughout the day (especially while sitting in the grass next to the Eiffel Tower in the 75 degree and sunny weather) that I felt like I was in some sort of fairy tale. I can't wait to go back in June with my parents and go inside some of the amazing museums! :)

No comments: