Saturday was dedicated to Brugge. We woke up earlier and caught the regional train just one hour away to the beautiful and quaint town of Brugge. Luckily the rain held off for most of the day and we were able to enjoy all of the amazing canals and see most of the big sights. On our way home we stopped at the grocery store and stocked up on some things to make for dinner since we were all exhausted from a busy day. All 3 of them found it lovely that at the grocery store you can just buy one bottle of something from a 6-pack. Thus we just had to buy some different kinds of Belgian beer to all try. I was pleased to see (since I love Christmas) that they already had Christmas beer out. After gathering one bottle of multiple different kinds we were on our way home to put on dry clothes and enjoy a night in. After dinner we had our own mini beer tasting and just enjoyed each others company. To my delight we even played bananagrams!
After sleeping in a bit on Sunday I took them all around Brussels. We were able to find the Manneken Pis (which I hadn't even seen yet!), the Botanical Gardens, the Royal Palace, and even eat some Belgian Waffles covered with chocolate and strawberries, mmmmm! Thanks for coming friends, it was wonderful to have you all here! Here are a few pictures from the weekend:
| Christina, Me & Katie in Brugge! |
| Brugge |
| Manneken Pis |
![]() |
| Christina & I in front of the Royal Palace! |
| Mud boots on and we're off to the forest! |
| Still fall? |
| Working together to move the big stick! |
| "Maylee, lets go to the moon!" -Grace |
| The forest always makes everyone smile! |
| Fun in the sun! |
| "I'm pretending to be a tiger, rrrrooooaaaarrrrr!!" -Michael |
| Apparently this tree was a train and a boat! Can you see the paddle? |

No comments:
Post a Comment