Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Lovely Week!

This week was JAM packed with fun! We had multiple visitors staying with us, celebrated the Chinese New Year at school, and the kids got to spend some time with our visiting Artist (AKA Luther grad Blake Nellis) learning about movement and contact improvisation. It was also fun for me because with Ehler also being in town for a few days I was able to get out and enjoy homemade noodles downtown (with Jess and her visitors as well) and get drinks and catch up with Blake one night as well. Minus being exhausted from doing so much this week it was incredibly fun! Thanks for all of the great times everyone! I snapped a few pictures of the Kindergarten kids making their Chinese New Year firecrackers with Andrea and I, as well as a few candids on the playground and some good ones at Blake's performance. I hope you all enjoy them! 
I've never seen a kid love playing with sand as much as Otto.
Kamilla and Kirara working on their firecrackers.
Lea helping Sophie.
Andrea teaching Dylan how to tie a knot.
Kamilla and her finished firecracker!
Sophie, Jessica, Kamilla & their block creation.
Luis has the cutest chipmunk cheeks ever!
Yunes.
Ilana.
Christine the clown.
PKB does trust falls with Blake.
2nd graders show off some of what they learned this week.
"go low and slow"
the kids loved Blake.
hugs after a good performance.
Here's a video of Blake's solo that he did for the kids of the ECC. It was complete improv, which is quite amazing in my opinion. As you'll be able to hear from their excitement, he's basically a celebrity to them. Some of the responses from the kids to his performance that I heard were: "Mom, he looks like a teenager but he's actually a really cool adult." and "Mom, I saw him flip and then land on his head!" Hahaha not quite...but close to a 6-year-old I guess...Oh the things kids say! :)

No comments: