Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Welcome Family and Friends!

Hello family and friends! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I figured since most of the people I know have access to the internet that this was the best way to keep everyone up to date on what I'm doing during my year teaching abroad. Lets see here, as of now I have yet to pack anything BUT I don't leave until the 30th so that still gives me about 2 and a half weeks to get everything ready. For those of you who don't know a whole lot about where I'm going, what I'm doing, etc. here's what's up...on July 30th I'll be moving to Brussels, Belgium for the year as an intern at the International School of Brussels. I'll be working in the Early Childhood Building and have been assigned the role of the floater. What that means is that I'll be co-teaching a different class each day. I'll actually go from having nursery age students all the way to Kindergartners and possibly some 1st/2nd grade classes. I definitely know that it will be a busy year, but I could not be more excited! I recently found out where the apartment that the other 3 interns and I will be living in for the year is and it looks wonderful. Definitely let me know if you'd like my address because I would be happy to e-mail it to you. I'd love to be pen pals and maybe if you're lucky I'll send you postcards from all the places I travel if you ask nicely :) Luckily, I have a friend in England for the beginning of the year as well as Italy so those two countries will definitely be visited (as well as a plethora of others hopefully)! Alright well I guess that's all for now, perhaps I should get packing, huh? Lots of love to you all!

Here is a campus map of the International School for you to ponder. I'll be spending most of my time in the Early Childhood Centre (#2 on the map), looks nice right?

No comments: