As you can see you never know what you're going to find at the market! Those Le Creuset pots were too cute to not take a picture of (plus it made me think of you, Laura), those grapes were huge and really heavy, and all of that cheese is so good and cheap!
Last week at school was fun. I was with my K/1st grade class for the majority of the week except Wednesday afternoon I was in 3 different second grade rooms doing reading lessons which was really fun. Thursday I was with one of the other interns, Andrea, in the Kindergarten class that she's working in because her teacher is gone on Thursdays so Andrea and I take her place. That class is definitely really active but also incredibly fun and full of imaginative learners! Friday I had the pleasure of joining Megan Meyer's (another wonderful Luther grad and 1st grade teacher at ISB) class for a trip to the forest where she had her students draw different things they saw in this gated garden. She's an amazing teacher and it was wonderful to see all of the kids get so excited about all the different things they could learn about in the forest. Who knew beetles, bird houses, other insects, frogs, and plants were so exciting? I loved being reminded of how important and fascinating they are in the world just by watching the kids facial expressions! Next week I start my regular floater intern duties. My schedule is as follows:
Monday: PreK with Jenna Prothers
Tuesday: Nursery with Caroline de Kloe
Wednesday: Multiple 1st/2nd grade classes & lunch duty (free lunch included!)
Thursday: Morning recess duty, Kindergarten with Andrea & lunch recess duty
Friday: PreK with Sarah Bellin
It definitely sounds busier than it is really. I'm really excited to be with the PreK kids tomorrow, they were all so cute when I stopped in there the other day! Alright before I get some sleep here are some pictures from the Kindergarten class (and yes, I'm aware that there is one kid hiding and one grumpy kid in the front of the class picture...it's quite characteristic of them actually, haha), going to the forest with Megan's class, & my last full day (I get to go in there for a while on Wednesdays :) with my K/1st grade class.



No comments:
Post a Comment