Sunday, January 30, 2011

Appreciating the little things...

There are times when I feel like I need to just sit back and appreciate the little things in my life. Today is one of those days. I think sometimes it's easy to just get bogged down by all that's going on in this crazy life so I'm a firm believer in taking time to appreciate the small little details of life that just simply make me smile. Thankfully Belgium is pretty great at helping me do this once a week considering that most places are closed on Sunday, making it a peaceful day for a walk or to just enjoy the company of friends. After a lovely day with some friends in the bustling city of Antwerp yesterday I took some time today to just get out right near my apartment and photograph some of the little things that I saw on a long walk. Here are some of the things I saw:
frost covered leaves
a park bench waiting for someone to take a rest.
winter boots stumbling upon an untouched leaf.
an old orange peel twisted among branches.
leaves that must have recently flipped over.
an awesome old window of a museum.
Cinquantenaire.
a safe place for dogs to frolic sign.
patches of blue sky popping through the common Belgian clouds.
peace.
an old and slightly broken streetlight.
on the right side of this picture you can just slightly see the friendly (or not so friendly) pick-up game of basketball happening.
ice cream break? 
 Here's to hoping that you all had as wonderful of a weekend as I did. Don't forget to take time to appreciate the little things in your life as well! For those of you who are wondering what Antwerp was like here are a few pictures of that as well :)
right outside the train station.
pretty cathedral and blue skies!
neat door hinge.
statue depicting how Antwerp got it's name.
flags.
Belgian waffles on a stick = awesome.

No comments: