Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dear 2011, Please bring on the adventures!

As I sit here and reflect back on 2010 I must admit that it was a pretty great year. I "officially" (meaning I received my diploma) graduated from College and got my teaching license, worked at the Kindergarten Center in Chaska, Minnesota for 4 months or so at the end of the year, and moved all the way across the big pond to intern at the International School of Brussels for the year. All in all I'd say it was quite a successful year for me and I'm 100% grateful for every opportunity that I've been given. As hard as it will be to leave behind my family and friends in Minnesota again tomorrow I'm also excited to be back in Brussels with the friends that I've made there in the second half of 2010. My experience definitely would not be the same without them and I'm proud to call them my friends. Thank you to all of my family and friends around the world for your continual support! I hope that your 2011 be full of lots of adventures and wonderful memories! Hope you like the look of the blog for the new year!

Exciting things for 2011 that I know of already:
  • January: Antwerp? Weekend trip somewhere?
  • February 4th-6th: Venice with Jess V
  • February break: Brother/Sister trip to Amsterdam, Prague, & Barcelona
  • March: I begin my long term sub position teaching 1st grade at ISB.
  • April: two week break to....(place to be determined)
  • May: I think we have a few 3 day weekends...
  • June-July: Parents come to visit & we travel around Europe
Here are some photos from my break at home in Minnesota...
Amber by the Christmas Tree!
We had a lot of snow!
"Hey, I can't see over the snow pile!"
Stockings hung by the fire
Rents snowshoeing on Christmas
Brother/Sister
Ashleigh painting
Makynna being a Princess

Jayce playing with his trains

No comments: